If you are in search of ways and methods on “how to can root your ZTE ZMax Pro smartphone device”, then I believe your search is over here. In this article I will be giving explaining and guiding you through a step by step process on how to successfully root your ZTE ZMax Pro device easily and securely.
Why Root A Device?
For those of you who are pretty new to the concept of rooting and are trying it for the first time. I suggest it would be better if you first gain a little understanding of the ups and downs of rooting up a device.
Rooting a device can mainly help in the following:
- Getting rid of unnecessary bloatware apps.
- Increasing battery life of the rooted device.
- Consumption of unnecessary data and memory space (RAM).
- Speed Up device speed
The above may be few of the things that trouble most android users to be honest. And, if one can take care of all these issues by rooting up a device than by all means it does not seem to be a pretty bad option after all.
But like every other good thing, when it comes to rooting a device. It too has its little dark sides. Although by dark I don’t mean anything nasty but just a few things you need to take care of or need to be careful of.
The very first thing you must remember when rooting a device is that once you root a device, it will no longer be applicable to the warranty services provided by the dealer or company. Thus, it is strongly advised to not root a device if it is still under warranty period. Otherwise, the warranty will not be applicable to your device for any service or assistance provided by the manufacturer or company. Once, your device warranty gets expired you can freely root your device and customize it according to your will without having to worry about any such things.
Secondly, before rooting a device, it is necessary that you keep a backup of all your important files and data in a separate har drive or cloud. As many a times while rooting a device, data may be lost or formatted.
Lastly and most importantly, while downloading and installing a root exe file, you must be well aware and careful of the source you are getting it from. As many a times if the source of the file is not secured then it can consist of malicious components or virus which may be harmful to your device or smartphone. Hence, it is recommended that when ever you download such apps or tools, it is always from a genuine and authentic website.
Rooting ZTE ZMax Pro with the Kingoroot app (without PC)
This may be the easiest and fastest way to root the ZTE Zmax Pro smartphone. Here, you need not need a PC or any external hardware to root up your device. All you need is to simply download and install the device. And with just a single tap on your mobile screen, root up your entire device.
- The very first thing you must take care of before downloading the Kingoroot apk file is that you go to your device settings and enable “install from Unknown sources”. It is very important that you have this option enabled before you start downloading the Kingoroot apk file.
- Now, download the KingoRoot apk file by clicking on the following link, “KingoRoot”.
- Once the KingoRoot apk file has been downloaded, go to your downloads and install the KingoRoot app by clicking on the apk file.
- Then, once the installation is done. Click and launch the KingoRoot app.
- Now, tap on the “One Click Root” button and let the rooting process take place.
- Give it some time to root the entire device. Do not switch off the device or remove the battery while the rooting process takes place. Once the rooting is completed, it will display a message whether the rooting is successful or not.
NOTE: Before you start the rooting process, it is necessary that you take care of a few things.
- The battery level should not be less than 50%. If the battery backup of a device is not very good, then it is recommended that the device is kept on charge and then initiate the rooting process.
- Before rooting the device, a backup of all important files and data should be kept. As during the rooting process, there may be loss of data.
Rooting ZTE Zmax Pro with the Kingoroot app (with PC)
If the above rooting method without PC fails due to any reason then you should try rooting your device via PC. This process requires a PC running on a Windows OS. Hence, it is advised to first have a Windows PC or laptop before starting the process.
- Firstly, download the KingoRoot app onto your Windows PC. “KingoRoot for Windows” [LINK]
- Then once the download is completed, click on the KingoRoot app and Install it. The installation may take a few minutes depending upon your device.
- Once the installation is done, click on the KingoRoot icon and launch the app on your PC after which a pop-up interface will appear asking you to connect your device to your computer.
- Connect your ZTE ZMax Pro smartphone to your PC with the help of a USB cable and wait for it to get recognized.
- Now, once your device is recognized. All you need to do is follow the instructions provided by the interface and go next.
- During the process, you may be asked to “Allow USB debugging”. When prompted by this message, simply check mark the option, “Always allow from this computer” and click on “OK” button to allow USB Debugging. If due to any reason you are not prompted with any option to enable USB Debugging then you can manually enable USB Debugging by following the steps shown below.
- Once, USB Debugging has been enabled and you agree to all the terms and conditions, click on the “Root” button and let the rooting take place. During the rooting process, you must be careful that you do not move or unplug the device at any cost or switch off the device.
- Once the rooting is completed, you will be prompted by a message saying either “Root Succeed” or “Root Failed”.
How to Allow USB Debugging?
The process of enabling USB Debugging may vary from one device to device or from one android version to another. But, the basic method of enabling USB Debugging is pretty much the same in all the different versions. Hence, the following guide should be applicable to all.
- Firstly, we will need to go to the “Settings” option and then scroll down and select “About phone”.
- Then in the About phone section at the bottom go to the “Build number” and tap on it, multiple times (at least 7 times).
- If done correctly, you should see a message saying “You are now a developer!”.
- Now, go back to “Settings” and you should find yourself “Developer options” above About phone.
- Click and go to the Developer options and check mark the “USB Debugging” option under Debugging.
- After that simply tap on the “OK” button when prompted with the “Allow USB Debugging” prompt message.
This way you will be able to successfully enable USB Debugging to successfully carry out the rooting process of the ZTE ZMax Pro.